Saturday 19 September 2015

Travel Journal

Good morning to all my lovely friends and followers and a very special welcome today to my latest follower Brenda thank you Brenda for joining my blog. I hope everyone is well and looking forward to a lovely weekend.
Today I'm sharing another of the projects I made recently for Crafty Ribbons to launch the new Festival Ribbon Collection as soon as I received  these ribbons I immediately thought of holidays and  decided to have a go at making a travel journal. There are a few extra photos but hope you all like it.

The Front


The Back



The Inside Cover



The Inside Back Cover




Journal  Recipe

A5 kraft ring bound notebook from Hobby Craft
The papers are a double sided sheet I bought at Ross Papercraft show its Kaisercraft Wanderlust Collection Bon Voyage
Kraft paper inside the covers is  from a My Mind's Eye Life Stories 12 x 12 pad.
Jute String Whitby Crafts
Dream charm from Michael's Florida
The wander charm is a Tim Holtz Philosophy Tag
I made the banners for the front and the page dividers on the computer.
The tiny blue buttons are brads

Well I hope you have enjoyed this journal and if any of you live in the Exeter area Crafty Ribbons are at a show there on the 24 - 27 Stitching Sewing and Hobbycrafts - Exeter - Westpoint - Stand A18 My Festival Ribbon projects will be on display.
Have a great weekend everyone . I'm going to Florida tomorrow to our apartment for a month. I have scheduled some posts and I hope to also keep up with all your lovely blogs while I'm away . Hugs Carole x



21 comments:

  1. What a great journal...Very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is such a fun journal!! Perfect colors and the stamped passport images are so fun along with your ribbon! Hope to be filling one of these out after my hubby retires in the next five years! :) Dreaming.... LOL!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carole, your travel journal is lovely! Your papers are so perfectly tailored to the theme... I love how the new goodies inspired you. This turned out so beautifully and will be such fun to fill. Wonderful, inspiring project. Have a great weekend. :o)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea Carole, love what you have done with the cover :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A super altered journal Carole and really like the soft vintage feel colours.

    Hope you have a good weekend.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabukous idea, love it. Have a wonderful time in the sunshine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a fabulous project Carole, so perfectly coordinated and beautifully done...I hope you are taking it away with you, actually, you don't have space for a little one in your case do you? I could do with a month of R&R!! Have a wonderful time xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous Carole! You have done a great job on a very plain book and turned it into something very special. It will be something special to look back at long after your holiday is over. Love and hugs Christine. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful creation love the colour and how you have used the ribbon
    hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now Carole I think you know already how much I LOVE this...my new past time of mixed media and journals and this is just fantastic...love it.xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful project Carole, you've done a great job on this, it's lovely!
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this travel journal Carole. The papers are fabulous and love the design of your front cover.
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous journal and what a wonderful keepsake to have. I love that paper... it is so perfect for the travel theme.

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh Carole! Your book is so BEAUUUTIFUL! I love all those little details that you've added on the cover .. the sentiments on there are PERFECT for this type of journaling! Love it!

    Big hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely wonderful travel journal Carole! A real transformation for a humble notebook. Lots of brilliant added elements.
    Have a fantastic time in Florida. Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is fabulous and loving the papers, this would have been fabulous for my recent trip.
    Hugs
    Lindaxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Carole this is a stunning travel journal. Have a great time away. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic journal front cover Carole, have a wonderful holiday.
    Hugs Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a great journal Carole. Love it. Hope you are having a great time in Florida.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Brilliant travel journal, fabulous design and details x

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a wonderful idea and project Carole.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment on my Blog I do appreciate all your comments Love and Hugs Carole x