Friday 2 May 2014

Topper Card

Good morning all my lovely friends and  followers I hope that you have had a good week . The week just seems to have flown and  I cannot believe that its May already although I have noticed that a lot of the web pages have Christmas stuff on them always a sign we are getting towards the middle of the year. Its so sad when we haven't even had our Summer hols yet!!. Never mind enough from me this is a card I've made as a sample for the lady who runs our craft group its quite a simple design as the group will make this at one of our meetings in June and we have very mixed abilities and some may choose to select a different topper. I used a Hobby House topper first time I've used one although I've had them ages and I'm  quite pleased at how quick they come together. Don't think I'll stop painting my images though but they do make a lovely quick card and  such cute images.

 
 
 

 Card Recipe

6x6 Blank card Craftwork Cards
Green Paper an old Docrafts pad
Embossed background A4 Dottie embossing folder
Spellbinder scalloped circles
Green Bazzill Swiss Dots Card
LOTV Sentiment Tags stamped in Brown Memento Ink
Ribbon and  gems form my stash
Image The Hobby House
Glamour dust on image
 
This is the first time I've used the LOTV sentiment tags they were out of stock for a while but managed to get them recently. I think they will be very useful lots of varied sentiments
 
 
Hope you all have a great bank holiday weekend I've not got a lot planned so hope to catch up on some crafting I have a couple of birthday cards to make and also I'll do some more work on the wedding invites .
 
Thank you all for the fabulous comments on my last post so kind of you all. Love Carole x
 
 


 


 



13 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card, Carole. I like, like a lot, the double scalloped edge matting the LOTV topper and putting the two bows together is another gorgeous idea too. Not much planned for the holiday weekend here too ... just a trip to Dunelm Mill, Kilmarnock, tomorrow to find thread to match my daughter's ballgown, the one I'm in the process of shortening. Catching up on crafting sounds the perfect way to spend the holiday to me :) Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Carole. Love the colour scheme of your card the green is very pretty & the image is a real cutie. I have made a couple of cards this week hopefully I will get chance to blog them before the challenges end this weekend. We have a busy time planned with opticians/hair appointments tomorrow then a family bbq on Sunday & hopefully some quiet time in the garden if the weather is good on Monday. I don't think I will get much craft time but I hope you have a nice creative weekend. How many wedding invites are you making? Hugs Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous Carole, I love it!!
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Carole, love your beautiful image, looks lovely on the soft green scallops, then the white embossed card..beautiful ribbon bow..
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really cute image on this lovely card Carole! Love the look of the double scalloped circles and bows. Your craft group will enjoy making a card like this.
    Enjoy your crafty weekend. Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Carole what a lovely image :) and lovely soft colours you have used. Those LOTV tags are gorgeous I keep forgetting to use mine LOL have a wonderful bank holiday weekend..I'm hoping the weather stays fine so I can get in the garden ..lots of huggles Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful. I love these toppers and yours looks so gorgeous with its layered frame. Perfectly embellished too with the lovely bows and gems. Glad you managed to get hold of the tags, they definitely come in useful!
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Carole wow this card is just beautiful and I love your colouring! The die cuts look beautiful too!
    Have a great weekend
    Vic x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous image and love the soft colours, such a pretty card hun :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Carole, stunning design. Love the embossing, die cuts and all your fabulous details.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi sweetie, this is simply gorgeous, I am loving your colours big hugs love Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute card Carole. Nicely colored and sweet simple layout. Loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My first thoughts when I saw this card..."Sweet!" "Sweet!" "Sweet!" Doesn't get much cuter than this...and so well done with your layout.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment on my Blog I do appreciate all your comments Love and Hugs Carole x