Monday 12 August 2013

Stitched Christmas Card

Good Morning everyone and apologies for not posting sooner. I was away last week for a few days seeing our friends in London and went  last Thursday with my friend Val to the Festival of Quilts at the NEC in Birmingham . We had a great day but the festival was a little disappointing lots of stalls and displays but everything was very similar so it  was easy to get sick of looking. Still we both enjoyed it and managed to find some nice goodies. Now its just us finding the time to  play with them!! We also joined a class showing you how to applique a 30'sstyle butterfly. My first photo is of  the quilt the lady brought  we attempted one of the butterfly panels. It was a lovely quilt I'm unfortunately light years away from this standard but you have to start somewhere.


 
 
Now for my post this is a Christmas card I made last year it was stitched at my craft group. I did intend to send it to someone but  I loved it so much I kept it. I may send it this year who knows
It is very traditional colours and the stitched poinsettia is a lovely Christmas Design.
 
 

 
 

Card Recipe 

Blank card 8x8 elegant design Craftwork Cards
Stitched pattern fro my Craft Group
Poinsettia flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts (see link in sidebar)
Stitched with Marlitt thread by Anchor from Hobby craft
Ribbon from Craft shop in Litchfield
Paper and Mirra card from my stash
Sentiment Lili of the Valley (see sidebar for link)
Berries,leaves and beads from my stash
Swirl is a Magnolia Do Hickey die
 
Before I go just a couple of pieces of interesting information. Wild Orchid Crafts have just launched a new web site and have some great new products you can get the link in my sidebar. Also Live and Love Crafts Blogspot have a candy give away for some WOC products the Candy Button link with a picture of the prize is on my sidebar . Good  luck if you  enter the draw.
 
I hope you have a great week and find time to do lots of  Happy Crafting.
 
 
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my Blog I do appreciate all your comments Love and Hugs Carole x