Tuesday 2 July 2013

Classic Car

This is a card I was asked to make for my friend it was for a 65th birthday and you guessed the person is mad on Classic Cars. I managed to find a set of classic car stamps and choose the Austin Mini Cooper from the sixties.
 

 
I researched the history of the Austin Mini Cooper and the Cooper S and put together a short history that I have put on the insert of the card I also stamped the small version of the stamp inside. The facing page has a normal birthday greeting. As it was a special card I also made a matching box.
 
 

   
 

 
 

Card Recipe

Blank Card Craftwork Cards
Black and Orange card from Samuel Taylor and my stash
Stamps Docrafts Papermania Classic Cars The Range
Car charm from stash
Twine Wild Orchid crafts(see side bar for link)
Sentiment a freebie from Netty's Cards (See link in side bar)
Mesh trim coloured orange with Promarkers from The Paperlane Craft Shop Northallerton
Metal Cogs from Michaels Craft Store USA
Small stamped image coloured in Promarkers and covered in Glossy Accents by Ranger
Dream ticket Tim Holtz covered in silver ink
Edge of main  image created with silver embossing powder.
 

 
I hope you enjoy looking at this card I do not do many masculine cards so quite enjoyed doing something with no girlies, ribbon or flowers. Hope you enjoy the rest of the week, I'm busy with Appeals again tomorrow . I'm not sure I'll get a lot more crafting in this week but you never know what time I can make. I will be at my craft group for a short time on Thursday and its Christmas Decoupage so this will be my first Christmas Card !!
 
 

 


1 comment:

Thank you for taking time to comment on my Blog I do appreciate all your comments Love and Hugs Carole x