Friday 19 July 2013

Anniversary Card

Yesterday was our Wedding Anniversary and this is the card I made to  give to my lovely husband Michael. It was a bit different for me as I only used a couple of colours and it's also the first time I've used Frantage . I used it around the stamped image and to highlight the corners. I like the way its come out and will certainly use it  again as it gives a very different effect. We had a great day ending with dinner at one of our favourite restaurants Café Lilli in Norton High Street great food and champagne .



 
This is a picture of the inside you may not be able to  read it but the verse on the left was identical to  one on the Anniversary card we got from our friends. It was quite weird that they were the same when mine was handmade and the other shop made. I had spotted the verse on the internet a few weeks ago and had saved it to use on the Anniversary card. I'd not mentioned it to anyone. So uncanny how my friend and I have such similar tastes we seem to know how each others mind ticks. 
 
 


Card Recipe

Blank card Craftwork Cards
Stamp "Close Your Eyes" by LOTV coloured with Promarkers and Copic pens (See my sidebar for link)
Stampendous Frantage embossing powder Shabby White from Live and Love Crafts (See link in my sidebar ) 
Postcard stamp also from Lili of the Valley
Love charm from craft shop at Grassington Christmas Market
Metal Corner from Ross Papercraft show Dawn to Dusk Crafts
Twine from Wild Orchid Crafts (See sidebar for link)
Heart sentiment made on the computer and punched with heart punch.
Heart button from Craft shop in Whitby
Paper and card from my stash edges topstitched with white topstitch thread from my local craft store Boyes
Paper edges distressed with Tim Holtz distressing tool bought in Michaels USA
Sewing Machine 
 
I hope you enjoyed looking at this card I know my husband just loved it .
 
 I also wanted to mention my afternoon today. I'm a school governor and went to my schools leavers concert. It was a production of the Wizard of Oz such talented children they were amazing well done every one of you.
 
Hope you  all enjoy a good weekend in the sunshine.

I have entered this card in the Wild Orchid Craft Challenge the theme is blues/purples or both. This is my second entry in a challenge so  interested in  the result. http://wildorchidchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/
 
 
 

 

4 comments:

  1. It is a very beautiful card you made, very stylish and made ​​with care.
    Hugs Leila.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Leila for your lovely comments Love Carole x

      Delete
  2. This is truly fabulous. The color lavendar is just beautiful. I adore the papers and the frantage just adds dimension to them that is outstanding. The layout is wonderful and love the layout. Such an adorable LOTV image...colored magnificently. Beautiful, Carole, just beautiful. --Gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Gail its lovely that you have taken the time to lookat my blog agin and make such beautiful comments Love Carole x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment on my Blog I do appreciate all your comments Love and Hugs Carole x