Saturday 25 May 2013

South Shields in Black and White for Mark's 40th

I made this card a while ago but have not been able to publish till after Mark's birthday. South Shields is his home town although he now lives in the south and works in a very challenging job with the military in Afghanistan. I made this card for his Mum my best friend to give him on his 40th. I got the idea from the main image of The Groyne and worked around that. It is very different from my other cards but I really enjoyed the research to get the right pictures that went well together. I was particularly pleased with the image of the Bamburgh  pub his local in his youth.

 
 
 
 
The banner depicts Coleman's Fish and Chip shop the best in Shields.
 
 

Card Recipe

Blank card Craftwork cards
Paper a gift from my friend Barbara
Photos from the internet
Black and Silver Mirra card Samuel Taylor Harrogate show
Metal sentiment from Michaels USA
Spellbinders scalloped rectangle and rectangles
Everything else from my stash
 
I hope you all have a good Bank holiday the weather here is sunny so that is good for the jobs I'm planning outside. Or maybe I'll just sit with a nice glass of wine!! Hope you enjoy looking at this different card.
 
Love and Happy Crafting Carole
 
 
 
 



1 comment:

  1. Thank you Carole, Mark loved his card with lots of memories of our home town which he will take with him back to the sandy place. Love Val x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment on my Blog I do appreciate all your comments Love and Hugs Carole x