Thursday 8 May 2014

A Special Birthday Card

Good afternoon to all my lovely friends and  followers. I've finally got round to posting something, had a bit of a week lots of appointments and  things going on. Before I start my post I want to give a big welcome to my latest follower Jim thank you for following my Blog and I hope that you continue to enjoy my posts.
My card today is more my usual style so really enjoyed making this one . The stamp is LOTV that I won last year in the Theme Thursday draw. The stamped strip across the centre is an inspiration I've taken from Becky Hetherington's Blog Attic Crafter. The link is in my Blog List if you want to take a look a great idea and  a fabulous Blog.

 

Card Recipe

7x7 card made from cutting down an 8x8 the image looked lost on the bigger card
Papers Timeless Victorian LOTV distressed with paper distress tool
White card Tim Holtz
Stitched with sewing machine and white topstitch thread
Spellbinder Floral Oval die
La La Land Banner die
Sentiments LOTV
LOTV stamp Cake Glorious Cake painted with distress Inks and  sprinkled with vintage white Frantage. The cake glorious cake sentiment comes with the stamp so excellent value.
Lace is from Dainty Crafts Washington
Organza flower ribbon and pearl trim from my stash
Flowers Wild Orchid Craft, Boyes and my stash.
Glamour Dust on wings and  cake
 
 
I'm plodding along with the Wedding Invites and doing OK currently deciding on the insert wording and font. I've still got loads to do but enjoying making them and they look lovely suppose I would say that !!. The ribbon I ordered arrived yesterday so now have all the materials for the Day Invites Evening Invites and Order of Service over 200 cards.
 
I hope you all enjoy what's left of the week and you all had a great bank holiday weekend. I'm at a governor conference tomorrow so that should be interesting.
I suppose I cannot end my post without mentioning my husbands football team Sunderland who have just saved themselves from relegation in great style. My husband is a life long supporter and goes to all the home matches so he is on cloud nine right now. Is this the time to ask him for the diamonds and designer bags !! The last match of the season is Sunday so a nice crafty afternoon for me.
Thank you to all of you who commented on my last post I had some great comments so lovely.
 
I'm entering this card in the following Challenges LOTV Fairies http://ideastoinspire.blogspot.co.uk/p/challenge.html Crafty Sentiments anything Goeshttp://craftysentiments.blogspot.co.uk/ Whimsy Stamps Use Two Dies http://whimsyinspires.blogspot.co.uk/
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


16 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card Carole (feels like I am writing to myself! lol) with all those lovely pearls and lace.I love the lilac/purple colours too. A card for keeping this one! Good luck with the wedding stationary!....I had it all to do last year for my son, and I had to do as I was told!!! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful card. The image is lovely and the papers and embellishments look so pretty. Love the layout too! Good luck with the wedding invites, you'll certainly be busy with that many!
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carole, this is a gorgeous card. Lovely image and love all the stitching and the detail. Very vintage looking. Good luck with all the wedding stationery, my daughter is planning her wedding for next year so I will be a busy bee before long.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply Stunning Sweetie!! Hugs Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this image Carole and how you have coloured her. The soft colours are gorgeous and love your beautifully embellished design.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card Carole! I love the subtle colours you've used and all the gorgeous embellishments. The heart lace is lovely and the sentiments look great.
    Good Luck doing all those invites, what an undertaking. Glad you've got all the materials you needed now.
    Glad Michael is a happy bunny with his footie team and yes this is the ideal time to ask for diamonds, handbags and lots of trips to craft shops too! Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful card Carole, love the lovely coloured image and your gorgeous embellishments and colours.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just adore shabby sheik. Wonderful card Carole.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Carole, I like the adorable image the soft colours and all the embellishments.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Carole this is adorable! I love this stamp and your right getting the sentiment with it is great too LOL love all the embellies you have used. I'm just trying to get round all the blogs I've missed with having these horrible migraines..anyway have a fabulous weekend huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful card. Thank you for joining in the Crafty Sentiments Challenge.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely! Such a pretty card :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gosh Carole, what details, embellishments and yummy design you have created.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think your card is so pretty, Carole! It's fun to find your blog and become your newest follower! I would love to have you stop by my place and join as a follower, too, if you like! I wish you the best with the invites! That is a remarkable undertaking!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really cute birthday card. Very detail and lovely!
    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week. Wish to see you again next time ;)
    Mikha xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute image...and you sure made a beautiful card with it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment on my Blog I do appreciate all your comments Love and Hugs Carole x