Friday 7 March 2014

Beside the Seaside

Good morning to  all my lovely friends and  followers. Thank you all so much for the lovely comments you have all made on my last post they are lovely. Also today I want to welcome my latest blog follower Natalia so glad you have started to follow my blog and  I hope you enjoy my posts. I know Natalia's work its fab as she is one of my Buddies on the docrafts blog.

We just came back yesterday from a couple of days in Whitby stayed at a lovely place called The Marine on the harbour and  this is a photo I took yesterday morning from our small balcony what a view we just wished it was warmer to sit out with a glass of wine. Never mind the reason we went was for the Jazz night and we had a great evening. I'm sure this will be added to our return list for the future.

 
  
 
My card today is one I made a few weeks ago at my craft group. We had planned to do encaustic art that day but it was cancelled so we made things from the stash in the Craft Group cupboard. I selected this decoupage image and  some matching papers and  made this man card. I only realised when I got home that the image is actually St Mary's Lighthouse at Whitley Bay not far from me and a place I visited a lot as a child searching for winkles with my Dad very happy days!!
 
I think its turned out Ok as men cards go never my favourites.
 
 
 

Card Recipe

Blank 5x7 card Craft Group
Papers from my Craft Group
Grey Metallic thread DMC from Craft Group
Card from my craft bag think Ross paper craft show
Small round Sentiment LOTV calendars
Happy Birthday sentiment Pink Gem Designs
Buttons free in a magazine
Twine from my stash
Ships wheel charm Whitby Crafts
 
 
I hope you enjoy these seaside images today and that you all have a great weekend. Hopefully I will be back over the weekend with a Ruby Wedding card commission I am just finishing .
 

 
 


 




6 comments:

  1. A brilliant male card, I always struggle embellishing male cards so I really love your charm! The view from your balcony looks beautiful, I'm glad you had a great time at the Jazz night.
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great male card Carole! I love Whitby it always brings back memories of my Dad and especially the winkles LOL we used to go to Runswick Bay and the climb back up was horrendous with a bucket full of them but so much fun have a great weekend huggles Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely view from your room! I'm happy you both had a fab time in Whitby.
    Great guy card! The image is really nice and the charm and chain is a great addition. I don't do men's cards very often either. Have a great weekend. Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great male card. Love the details and design.
    Your photo of seaside is beautiful. Thank you for letting me to follow your blog.
    I am looking forward to your next project.
    Happy crafting! Have a lovely weekend! Natalia xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Carole. Thank you for the lovely comments on my princess card. Glad to hear you both had a nice break at Whitby, it looks lovely. We tried to get there last summer but had car troubles & had to come back. Hopefully we will get there this year. I think you did a great job on this men's card, just shows that sometimes it does us good to make cards on a whim & not planned. Have a creative weekend.
    Hugs Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. fantastic male card Carole,hate doing male cards!!!..fancy you choosing a Whitby image.
    glad you enjoyed your break.
    pam

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment on my Blog I do appreciate all your comments Love and Hugs Carole x